Friday, April 1, 2011

Now that it is April, what to wear?

Winter in Milwaukee is long and cold and snowy. This week April begins and we have officially been enjoying spring for ten days. Hard to tell, isn't it? While we are ALL tired of the weather, I suspect many of you share my winter clothes exhaustion as well. For instance, yesterday my winter white work coat was banished to the back of the closet. I can't look at it any more. I'll put four layers of fleece under Babs (my trench) if I have too, but I'm not wearing it again until November at the earliest.

How does one balance a rainy 42 degree day with your desire to wear spring fashion? Here are my suggestions:

Fingerless mittens. You know you still need something on your hands in the morning to scrape the ice off your car. Plus, so easy to text! I've seen these everywhere from Amazon.com to Urban Outfitters, but found two great options; long gray mittens from Michel Kors and hand-made mittens by StellasKnits on Etsy:

Layer a sweater or jacket over a summer dress with tights. Here's a great look from Anthropology.

Pull out your leather jacket. Its not just for fall. How great is this Steve Madden Faux jacket?


Wear scarves in bright pastel colors in lighter fabrics. It will still keep you warm. Try ShopStyle for options. Add a hat (of course, I suggest a fedora). Look how Anne Hathaway pulls off both. Please credit appropriate pap for photo.



Or, lounge on a beach in the sun because sometimes you just have to get away. Hopefully these suggestions will help you make it until July, when the temps move from the 50's to the 80's.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

scarves in pastel colors.. yes and yes!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons