Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Found: Vintage Bolts

I made a stop Saturday afternoon at the Buy Local Bazaar specifically to check out an adorably unique area gem, Bolted Milwaukee. Michelle Eigenberger is the creative entrepreneur behind the company. She has a passion for vintage clothing and materials, nurtured by childhood shopping trips (vouched by mom who was there to help). She clearly is unable to resist a great find and has developed an extensive and varied collection of vintage fabrics initially intended for her own use.

Before she drowned in her fabric shopping passion, Michelle channeled that creative energy into a vintage fabric and sewing supplies business. Her wares are available at stores around town, local bazaars like this one hosted by WMSE, and on Etsy. They are perfect for the designer, like Michelle, who cares about reusing quality materials without sacrificing style or beauty. While she seemed slightly disappointed that Bolted success leaves less time for her own designs, she loves that she is starting to see her fabric on clothing worn around town.



If you are looking for fun, vintage fabric or clothing I encourage you to check out Bolted Milwaukee. I have no sewing skills myself, so all that fabulous fabric would be wasted with me - but buy up so I can strike a deal with Michelle to take home one of her awesome antique suitcases which are clearly perfect for storage while looking sophisticated and whimsical.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

it all looks so cute wish i could sew!

<3 steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is so adorable, I'm with Steffy I wish I could sew! Very jealous of people with any talent haha.

Thank you SO much for voting for me in Westfield London's blogger style competition! I will love you forever!

BoltedMKE said...

non-sewers, we've got you covered! just pop a piece of fabric into a thrifted embroidery hoop and toss it up on the wall! get a scrap pack for maximum fabric choices!

BoltedMKE will be at the East Side Green Market all summer at the corner of North & Oakland avenues in the Beans & Barley parking lot on Milwaukee's East Side.