Monday, March 21, 2011

Introducing Babs

Babs is my new Burberry (Brit) trench coat. She was officially adopted on March 10th from London. Her full name is Barbara, but the minute I opened the box it was obvious she is a Babs. Like any proud mama, I think she is more beautiful, durable, versatile, and fashionable than any other trench coat. She has been acclimating to the Wisconsin weather for the last few weeks, but this past Wednesday she was finely ready to venture outside. I seriously considered whether Babs’ first outing should be a special occasion; a good friend’s wedding or maybe a birthday dinner. But Babs’ true beauty lies in her ability to be appropriate for every occasion. So, she came to work with me where she received her own special hanger in the safe confines of my cube. I fully expect that she will accompany me to work, dinner, parties, weddings, trips, and every other foreseeable event for the next decade. Then I will meticulously store her away so that my own daughter, or even granddaughter, can pull her out and bask in the beauty of designer vintage. Please admire Babs and post about a fashion purchase so special to you that it became a member of your family. (It is also appropriate now to admire the kick-ass-ness of the Burberry Prorsum line which I can barely afford to drool over.)

Please check back this week as I have lots of fun things to share with you. Tomorrow is my first 'Date with a Fashionista' with Bree Rose Bower of Project M Boutique. Later this week I'll try to convince you to wear high heels and will report from Thursday night's Awear Fashion Show to benefit Sojourner Family Peace Center.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Post a picture - I want to see Babs!!

Kaleo said...

Me too! Love Burberry!

Joka said...

give us pic!!!